Stephen Fung Sets Course For May For THE ADVENTURERS
Flagship Entertainment staked a major claim last week during this year's Hong Kong Filmart, marking a joint venture between CMC (China Media Capital), Warner Bros. and TVB. The announcement included an inaugural slate of up to twelve titles ranging from various genres and budgets and a select number of them already in tow with cast and/or a chosen director.
• “MEG” (Action) – Global tentpole release based on the best-selling book “MEG: A Novel of Deep Terror” about a massive pre-historic deep sea predator that resurfaces to wreak havoc at surface level. Colin Wilson is slated to produce.
• “Murder of the Husband” (Drama) – Peter Chan is set to direct this drama where one woman’s suffering gave rise to the revolution of women’s social rights in China.
• “Mission Milano” (Action comedy) – Jing Wong directs this high-profile action comedy starring Andy Lau, Huang Xiaoming and Shen Teng.
• “When Larry Meets Mary” (Romantic comedy) – Wen Zhang directs Song Jia and Bao Beier in a story that proves it takes time to find true love.
• “Miss Congeniality” (Action comedy) – A remake of the 2000 comedy that made more than $210 million at the global box office, proving guns and gowns are a winning combination.
• “Blended” (Comedy) – A remake of the 2014 family comedy that starred Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler as a mismatched couple stuck together on a family vacation with their kids.
• “Beautiful Coma” (Romance) – Peter Chan and Brett Ratner are set to produce this film chronicling a love that transcends every challenge.
• “Chinese Wall Street” (Drama) – A look at the dreams and sacrifices of a generation of China’s pioneers.
• “Agent Baiyun” (Comedy) – An unlikely crime-fighting team: A gossiping middle-aged woman and an international secret agent.
• “Crater” (Action disaster) – A special effects-laden tentpole release.
• “Wish Dragon” (Animated) – An animated tale of discovering the greatest wish of all.