Thursday, February 23, 2017
THR confirming his attachment to a Nightwing feature film inspired by the DC Comics property in its shared legacy with the Dark Knight himself, Batman.
I suppose with The Raid re-adaptation, Uncharted, Bad Boys For Life and X-Force piling on that Stretch and Smokin' Aces helmer Joe Carnahan would have to cast aside something. Of course, that would be action star Jackie Chan's Five Against A Bullet for which the pair were set to work on as of December following its lingering development since 2010.
The funny thing about the new announcement from Warner Bros. Pictures regarding The Batman is that it makes no mention of actor Ben Affleck. This probably means that rumors of the actor's departure from the role probably won't go away though fans may still expect him in the forthcoming Justice League films from director Zack Snyder.
It was back in 2015 that award-winning filmmaker Bao Tran graced netizens with an amazing original kung fu action shortfilm titled The Challenger. To that end, I got to achieve quite a bit in interviewing Tran and performers Andy Le and Unlucky Stars actor Ken Quitugua and assuredly, I can attest that this project has a much more prospective and grand reach.
Public-listed China-based Recon Holding has reportedly acquired the majority interest in the independent film staple, Millennium Films according to a new press announcement. News of the deal in its development began circulating as early as last week.
Director Walter Hill's latest action thriller hasn't yet picked up steam in the U.S. for its release but it's getting the Digital HD and DVD treatment when Tomboy arrives respectively in the U.K. on March 13 and April 3. And yes, you read correctly. That's the title they get whereas the title in other markets may be anywhere from (Re)Assignment to The Assignment...
Wednesday brought a flurry of news surrounding director Joe Carnahan who gave a slate of exclusives to various sites, including Collider.com and ComingSoon.net. Thus, following breaking news over The Raid remake and Uncharted, it was Comicbook.com that brought us the word that Carnahan is the man poised to direct the forthcoming X-Force adaptation.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Yes, that is the movie that War Party duo, Frank Grillo and director Joe Carnahan are setting out to remaster with their own vision. It's been an epicenter of much brouhaha for many a fan who already think that the 2011 Iko Uwais-led starrer and its sequel from director Gareth Huw Evans is enough with a third pending and a fanbase this apprehensive toward anything they love like The Raid being remade in any capacity is likely hard to please.
Arguably, there's almost no question that Gareth Edwards's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story delivered something pretty cool back in December as a one-off from the Star Wars canon, telling of a story of ragtag rebels who set out to influence the major battle ahead for the Rebel Alliance against the Empire. Indeed, more can be expected in the forthcoming book installation, Inferno Squad, which hits shelves this July while we await the story to be told of one of the saga's biggest and most pivotal figures in next year's Han Solo spin-off film from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
the latest developments with Simon Kinberg's latest attachment to possibly write and direct the next movie in question. That said, we now advance toward small screen endeavors wherein it was last summer that Bryan Singer and Matt Nix were officially reported as on-board for a pilot committment with Fox Television's advancement of a live-action X-Men TV series inspired by the hit Marvel franchise.